The Moto G product family has successfully redefined what a budget Android handset should look, feel, and perform like and how much it should cost. Let’s have a look at the new gen Moto G!
In order to stay on top of this highly competitive smartphone segment, the Moto G (3rd gen) packs a considerably improved hardware in comparison to the outgoing model, while keeping the cost low. Specifications:
- Display: 5 Inch 720p HD IPS LCD display with 294 ppi; Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Camera: 13MP rear camera, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 5MP front-facing camera & Quick Capture gesture control, HDR, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
- Performance: 1.4Ghz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 64-Bit CPU, Android OS v5.1.1 (Lollipop). 8 GB Model With 1 GB RAM OR 16 GB Model with 2 GB RAM + microSD slot up to 32 GB
- Connectivity: Dual-Sim, GSM/CDMA/HSPA/LTE (2G/3G/4G) Supported, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth v4.0,GPS With A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou.
- Extra features: Moto Display, Active noise cancellation with a dedicated microphone, IPX7 water-resistant body.
Design: New Moto G’s polycarbonate frame brings it closer to last year’s Moto X in terms of looks. We find this to be a great thing, as the third generation of the budget smartphone carries a aura which its predecessors simply did not possess. Build quality and Handling: The new Moto G feels superbly put together. Thanks to the textured removable back cover of the device. The entire front of the smartphone is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, so scratches from casual use are not as likely.Moto G’s IPX7 rating means that the handset can survive a dip in up to 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Audio output is mostly clean & nice, not very loud.
Benchmark Scores: AnTuTu 5: 24,293. GeekBench 3: 1589.
Device battery life:
Camera: The new Moto G packs a 13MP main camera with f/2.0 lens and dual-tone LED flash. Even on paper alone, the newcomer’s photography package promises to be a massive improvement over the 8MP snapper found in last year’s iteration. Here are some Camera samples. Final Words: The 3rd gen Moto G is the most capable member of the popular product family to date. Thanks to its zippy chipset, excellent camera and battery life, up to date stock Android, and superb build quality, the newcomer is also one of the most appealing entries in its price range.Newly introduced features like Moto Maker and IPX7 water resistance help the smartphone stand out in its overly crowded segment.