The OnePlus X is not another flagship killer, OnePlus decided to take a break from the high profile smartphone game and launched a mid-ranger capable of delivering on both looks and performance. Exterior of the smartphone looks good – there is a metal frame with 17 etched grooves, flanked by a dual panels of glass.
In case you are into exclusive editions, then OnePlus will be offering only 10,000 units of the OnePlus X with a back made out of ceramic. Let’s have a look at specifications first.
- Performance: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801 Krait 400, Adreno 330 GPU
- Storage: 16 GB Internal Memory, Expandable Memory Up to 128 GB, USB OTG support
- Display: Gorilla Glass 3 protected 5″ Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) AMOLED Display , 441ppi Pixel Density.
- OS: Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) based on OxygenOS 2.1
- Camera: 8 MP Front Camera, 13MP Rear Camera with phase detection autofocus, LED flash, panorama, HDR. Video recording: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 2525 mAh battery
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, USB On-The-Go.
Supports 2G – GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G – UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+, 4G – LTE/TD-LTE/FD-LTE.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Extra Features : Hardware switch (slider) for Notification profiles, FM Radio.
Purchase: You can buy OnePlus X From Amazon in India.
- 5″ AMOLED display with Gorrila Glass 3.
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with OxygenOS customizations.
- 8 MP Front Camera , 13MP Rear Camera with phase detection.
- 4G LTE & Dual-SIM support.
- Older Snapdragon 801 SoC.
- Micro-SD card uses the SIM-2 slot.
- Less capacity battery.
OnePlus X has a metal frame with 17 micro cuts. The phone is slippery but it fits nice in the hand. The grip is very good thanks to the etched metal frame. The phone is compact, lightweight and offers thin screen bezels. The front is covered by a 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 – which creates the illusion of a thinner profile.
Black onyx version’s back is made out of glass with curved edges & has metal sides. The ceramic flavor looks almost the same, but the edges are chamfered. The Ceramic version has a high gloss like finish and even more angled edges.
AMOLED displays are known for good viewing angles, bright colors and deep blacks. On OnePlus X, Colors are indeed punchy, viewing angles are great, since AMOLED doesn’t have a backlight, blacks are fantastic. The panel retains its contrast and colors even in extreme angles and screen is less reflective.
Performance & Battery life:
OnePlus X runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 clocked @ 2.3Ghz with 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM. On paper, this might not seem so exciting but, OnePlus X is actually quite impressive in terms of performance. The overall performance during review process was very nice, phone worked smoothly and apps ran quickly.
The OnePlus X has a non-removable 2,525mAh battery, which is considered as average capacity for a 5-inch smartphone with Full HD screen. Here is the result from battery test:
The OnePlus X has a 13 megapixel camera on the back (F/2.2) and an 8MP one on the front (F/2.2). Rear camera is a ISOCELL sensor. Sensor has hybrid auto focus phase detection system. The OnePlus X only captures 1080p video. There is no optical image stabilization or 4K video recording.
Image quality is quite good. In good lighting conditions, camera can capture images with decent amount of detail, but white balance and exposure settings could be improved. In low light, poor ISO performance makes everything too dark.
OnePlus X is not a flagship killer, but it has the killer looks and price. OnePlus provided X with snappy performance, AMOLED screen, proper camera experience and all-round connectivity package, which is more than enough to sell.